Belize Customs & Import Duties
Belize imposes import duties on a wide range of goods that are imported into the country. The import duty rates can vary depending on the type of goods, their value, and their country of origin. Here are some of the main categories of goods and their corresponding import duty rates in Belize:
- Food and agricultural products: Import duties on food and agricultural products can vary depending on the type of product. For example, import duties on meat products can range from 10% to 40%, while duties on fruits and vegetables are generally lower, ranging from 0% to 25%.
- Vehicles: Import duties on vehicles can be high, with rates ranging from 45% to 72% depending on the type of vehicle, its value, and its age.
- Electronics and appliances: Import duties on electronics and appliances can range from 0% to 40%, depending on the type of product and its value.
- Clothing and textiles: Import duties on clothing and textiles can range from 5% to 30%, depending on the type of product.
- Furniture: Import duties on furniture can range from 10% to 40%, depending on the type of furniture and its value.
It’s important to note that Belize also imposes other taxes and fees on imports, such as a value-added tax (VAT) of 12.5% and an environmental tax of 2%. The exact import duty rates and other fees can change over time, so it’s advisable to consult with a customs broker or other professional for the most up-to-date information.